Article III – Purpose and Limitations of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter
Section 1: Purpose of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter
- General Purpose: The PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter has been founded as non-profit, tax exempt corporation (or equivalent) chartered by PMI®, and is dedicated to advancing the practice, science, and profession of project management in a conscious and proactive manner.
- Specific Purposes: Consistent with the terms of the Charter executed between the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter and PMI® and these Bylaws, the purposes of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter shall include the following:
- To foster professionalism in the management of projects.
- To contribute to the quality and scope of project management.
- To stimulate appropriate global application of project management for the benefit of general public.
- To provide a recognized forum for the free exchange of ideas, applications, and solutions to project management issues among its members, and other interested and involved in project management.
- To identify and promote the fundamentals of project management and advance the body of knowledge for managing projects successfully.
Section 2: Limitations of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter
- General Limitations: The purposes and activities of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter shall be subject to limitations set forth in the charter agreement, these Bylaws, and conducted consistently with PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter Articles of Incorporation.
- The membership database and listings provided by PMI to the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter may not be used for commercial purposes and may be used only for non-profit purposes directly related to the business of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter, consistent with PMI® policies and all applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to those law and regulations pertaining to privacy and use of personal information.
- The officers and directors of the PMI Sioux Empire, South Dakota Chapter shall be solely accountable for the planning and operations of the Chapter, and shall perform their duties in accordance with the Chapter’s governing documents; its Charter Agreement; PMI’s Bylaws, policies, practices, procedures, and rules; and applicable law.